Every year there are always plenty of exciting hair trends to choose from – but this year there’s one stand out trend that is head and shoulders above the rest! Long hair is back, so cancel that haircut and let your bob grow out. And what can you do with it when you’ve grown it? This year’s catwalks were overflowing with fabulous long locks and super styling.
The long and the short of it
Of course, long hair’s not for everyone. For some people it’s not practical, while for other’s it simply doesn’t work. But rest assured if you’re not one for long, there are plenty of short cuts out there too so you can make the best of it with a hot new look.
- Below the shoulder – medium-length and longer hair is definitely dominating hair fashion at the moment, mostly worn layered and relaxed, with an emphasis on good colour. Centre partings have been much in evidence with longer hair styles.
- When it comes to colour, brunette shades are having a moment – from glossy chestnut to soft brown with honey highlights to glistening auburn with hints of copper. Keep it in tip top condition so it shines and you’ll look simply amazing.
- Chic bobs are never out of style and this year’s look is for a slightly longer cut bob. The benefit is that they’re easy to manage and low maintenance – perfect if your style is smart and sophisticated. But choppy, tousled bobs are also getting a look in and go great with tomboy styling, if that’s your thing.
- Flaming shades of red are also bang on trend – long or layered, auburn, red and copper are super popular right now. Think Christina Hendricks, Emma Stone or Scarlet Johansson and it doesn’t matter whether it’s natural or out of a bottle.
- Plaits & Braids were simply huge on the catwalk this year and have also been regularly appearing on the red carpet. Full length plaits down the back or smaller plaits to hold back the fringe are popular, and most of them have a slightly scruffy demeanour!
- A new celebrity trend is to go for a complete colour change – Reese Witherspoon rocking dark brown, Jourdan Dunn with a sexy blond bob, Nicole Richie with on trend pastel blue – they all look amazing and so could you if you’re brave enough for a total change.
- If you’re blond, try having some ombre up-lights put in to add some texture and interest. Dirty blonde bedhead is also another hot trend – a little dishevelled and a lot of fun.
- Fringes are in and if a fringe works for your face shape, go for it – it’s the cool, modern look and helps to frame your eyes beautifully.
- Crimping was also spotted on the catwalks – a style that hasn’t been in for ages, but it looks great in pulled back pony tails. Another novelty in the fashion shows was slicked back, wet-look hair for a sleek and sophisticated vibe with a slightly harder edge.
- Boho waves are also back in again after a good number of models have been spotted on the catwalk carrying the hair style